Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Windshield and interior parts

11-22-03, 11:23 AM   #1  
Windshield and interior parts

Hi!

Could anybody suggest a not-too-expensive place to get a windshield for Honda Accord '92 2dr LX?
I had a crack in mine for three years, and finally it began to leak... Haynes repair guide doesn't recommend replacing it by yourself, so I guess it'll still be cheaper if I go to the shop with my own part, won't it? Or is it like going to a restaurant with your own liquor?

Also I need to replace a couple of interior parts like a panel that holds 12V power outlet in place, and plastic panels that hold door-opening handles. And I have no idea where to get them. Junk yard?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

11-22-03, 12:15 PM   #2  
Junkyard for the interior parts. Any good glass shop for the windshield. You won't save a significant amount of money (if any at all) by buying your own glass and most shops likely won't install it anyway.

Visiting Guest

11-23-03, 04:33 PM   #3  
cheapfurcoat
I did auto glass for 8 years.
With the influx of imported glass from China and Mexico, if you pay more than $125.00 for a brand new shield you are paying too much.
The trick is finding a glass shop that will put your windshield in without sacrificing safety for speed of installation.
Don't go for any glass shop's mobile service. The guy who shows up at your door likely has more jobs than he can do in 10 hours and the install will seem that way when he does a
hack-and-slash job on your car and it leaks in your lap.
Better to drop the car off at a shop. Let them have your car for the whole day and insist that they take their time and do a safe job with it.

WV

11-23-03, 04:54 PM   #4  
ARG (Automotive Replacement Glass) comes to mind. Plenty cheap and do good work as well.
Billy

VA

11-23-03, 05:05 PM   #5  
Depending on your Ins. Co - you may be able to get a new windshield for $50 or so, I did.

And the glass co came to the house and installed it.

Your Ins. Co wants you to have safe glass - give them a call,

fred

VA

11-23-03, 05:07 PM   #6  
Billy,
Mine was a '68 Fathom Blue, w/ white conv top.
SS 396/350

wish I still had it!!!!!!!
fred

WV

11-23-03, 05:30 PM   #7  
Fred

Mine are IN-PROCESS!!!
1. 1968 SS396 4speed bench seat car, original color Butternut Yellow.... Plan to paint Black Cherry Pearl, unless that changes by the time I get to it.
2. 1969 Malibu 350 car. I have a 1970 model 400 SBC and TH350 tranny that I built several years ago to put in soon!!! Original color Dark Brown Metallic, currently Dark Blue... Plan to paint Hugger Orange... Cant change that one its the wifes...... Plus already got the matching TAT!!! LOL
Billy

11-23-03, 09:47 PM   #8  
I don't know if this is a state law or what, but if it's "bigger than doller bill" the Ins. Co. pays 100% (I was 1500 mi. away and have no "extra" coverage) Call your Ins. Co.!

Search this Thread