auto repair

Old 11-23-03, 05:30 PM
maximatt
Visiting Guest
auto repair

anywhere online to get auto repair instructions -specifically for a Nissan Maxima?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-03, 05:37 PM
http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%...delLookup.html

www.alldata.com is also a good place to look up bulletins or to subscribe for $25.00 per year per car.
Do you have a specific problem you need assistance with?
Billy

Old 11-23-03, 07:53 PM
maximatt
Visiting Guest
I'm changing a cv boot and trying to figure out how to get the axle shaft out.

Old 11-24-03, 04:01 AM
That is an extremely easy task. Well removing the axle shaft is. The boot is a PITA. Most places and most mechanics prefer to just replace the whole axle, as do I. By the time you remove the axle and take it apart to replace the boot you have spent more time than money, but for a few more dollars you can replace the whole thing and be done in less than an hour. I have done enough of them, Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas... I can have one out and back in in 15 minutes. The first link I gave you should guide you through that process very easily with good detail and pictures. If not let me know and I will send you some info from Alldata. The hardest thing is going to be removing the nut that holds the axle to the hub. It is very tight. If you have access to a compressor and an impact gun andthe proper size socket (most likely 36mm) then its no sweat.
Hope this helps,
Billy