Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tire selection

WI

11-25-03, 05:59 AM   #1  
tire selection

I just had a quick question about tires for a '98 Blazer. I have never bought Cooper tires before for any of my vehicles but I am considering their Discovery A/T tire for my suv. From what I can tell it is a quality tire and you don't have to throw money away because of excess advertising. Does anyone have any opinion on the quality of Cooper compared to a wrangler or michelin etc.

thanks

Sponsored Links

VA

11-25-03, 07:12 AM   #2  
we all have opinions about tires...

...you might try looking around the net, if you haven't already...one good source of tire info that I use is www.tirerack.com

WI

11-25-03, 07:16 AM   #3  
I looked at tirerack.com, unfortunately they don't review Cooper tires.

Visiting Guest

11-25-03, 08:09 AM   #4  
darrell McCoy
cooper tires are OK, ya might try epinions.com or consumer reports for a rating, maybe just google for cooper tire ratings.

11-25-03, 04:52 PM   #5  
Cooper is a top of the line American made tire. I sold and used them for years. Obviously they're not on the same level as Michelin but they don't cost anywhere near as much either. The Discover A/T is a fine all terrain tire but like any all terrrain tire, it's not as quiet as a highway tread but sound is always a sacrifice for better traction in any tire.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-25-03, 07:12 PM   #6  
Cooper is a good tire, as are the others you mentioned. Keep in mind that when buying all-terrain tires, you usually lose tire life and warranty miles vs road tires. (they don't last as long, generally).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread