1990 caddilac

Old 12-01-03, 10:37 AM
otel800
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1990 caddilac

my question is about a pollution pump or pulley, not quite sure if that is what you call it, but it is located down near the radiator.
anyways the pulley is stuck does not turn , I thought it was the ac pump, but i was told it was something to do with the pollution.
is this difficult to repair????

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-03, 11:21 AM
caddys...

...my fave!! Looking down into the engine compartment from in front of the engine...and assuming that you have a v-8 (you didn't post any ID info)...at the bottom right next to the radiator is the AC compressor...the AIR pump is on top on the right side. if the AC compressor won't turn with the belt removed, most likely the pulley bearing has failed...it may have ruined the compressor as well...depends on whether the bearing "turned" on the front of the compressor or not. the only way to tell is with disassembly which is easiest with the compressor removed which means that the system will have to be discharged using special equipment operated by a licensed pro.

Old 12-02-03, 08:50 AM
otel800
Visiting Guest
so you are telling me it is not my pollution pump that is no good????

Old 12-02-03, 09:25 AM
if you have a...

...front wheel drive car with a transverse V-8...i'm telling you where the components are located.

Search this Thread