Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

how do I check it

Visiting Guest

12-02-03, 01:10 AM   #1  
poe_70
how do I check it

I have a manual '97 Nissan Sentra, about a month ago it started slipping in 4th and 5th gear and slowly graduated to slipping in every gear. This morning I drove it to work and other than the slipping I got there just fine and in a timely manner, it was still able to reach normal speed, however, when I got back in to go home tonight, it would barely creep along, even though my gas peddle was in the floor,I had to call somebody to come get me.
Could it just be the fluid,and if so, how do I check it, or will I need to put a new clutch in it, or, is there something else I need to do?

Sponsored Links

12-02-03, 03:46 AM   #2  
No, your clutch is fried. Sounds like you drove it way too long and likely will have to replace the flywheel also at this point. You should have replaced the clutch at the first sign of slippage.

Visiting Guest

12-02-03, 08:12 PM   #3  
mike from nj
or, if it's an adjustable (cable)type, you should have adjusted it and kept driving it for a few more years.

it's done now!

that burning smell was your clutch

Search this Thread