Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Auto Paint Repair - Keyed !

Visiting Guest

12-02-03, 03:55 PM   #1  
Darrin
Auto Paint Repair - Keyed !

What is the best way to repair the paint on my auto that was keyed. I know I could take it to a auto paint shop, but I'm trying to save a little money. Some of the line is not too deep and I could probably buff out.... but what about the deeper ones.

Sponsored Links

WV

12-02-03, 04:57 PM   #2  
Unfortunately nothing you can do for the deep ones except put some touch up paint in em till you can save up to get it fixed right. If you are savy with a paint brush you can get some of the little touch up blocks and lightly sand the scratches and brush in the touch up paint. This might get you by till you can afford to get it done by a professional.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Visiting Guest

12-02-03, 06:53 PM   #3  
darrell McCoy
darin: Check around, the name of the co. escapes me now, but they make touchup paint that resembles the roller type white out.
Has a roller tip, you may fair better on the deep scratches with that until you can get it properly repaired.

Visiting Guest

12-02-03, 07:02 PM   #4  
darrell McCoy
Pardon my senior moment... It's Dupli-color 2 in 1 touchup paint.

12-04-03, 04:12 AM   #5  
What ever you do, don't waste time thinking about it especially if the deep ones hit bare metal. Get something on it soon before rust starts.

Search this Thread