Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dodge Neon Gone bad

Visiting Guest

12-03-03, 05:40 AM   #1  
Latoya
Dodge Neon Gone bad

I have a question when i am in the process of driving my 1998 doge neon, for no obvious reason my mileage seems to drop and even if i push the gas the car still doesn't go anywhere so i have to quickly pull over to the side, but the car never shuts off. i have no idea when this could be from doe anyone have any idea??
I am at my wits end!!!

Sponsored Links

12-03-03, 06:09 AM   #2  
How many miles?

Last tune-up, fuel filter, etc

Sounds like a clogged fuel filter

VA

12-03-03, 07:11 AM   #3  
wits end?

why are you at your wits end? Has anyone tried anything to solve your problem? I'm with larry...sounds like a fuel delivery problem and the filter is the most abused and under maintained part in the fuel system...post back and give us some more info

WV

12-03-03, 10:07 AM   #4  
I have done 2 or 3 of these in the last few months and they were all fuel pump problems. The filter is in the tank on this and it gets clogged and burns up the pump.
Billy

Visiting Guest

12-03-03, 10:22 AM   #5  
darrell McCoy
You might bear in mind, the in tank fuel pumps rely on gasoline to keep it cool, dont run your gas tank less than 1/4 all the time. More than likely this low fuel problem has been the demise of many fuel pumps. I dont know if this is just an un written rule or not, but it is true.

Search this Thread