help me get my Suzuki started

Old 12-03-03, 03:50 PM
brokedown
Visiting Guest
Unhappy help me get my Suzuki started

I have a 87 Suzuki Samuraei. It ran fine before I parked it for three months. Now I can not get it started. It turns over fine and the engine get gas and it has spark so I have no idea whatelse makes an engine run.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-03, 07:25 PM
Description is pretty vague. Why was it parked? More detail is need here please.
Billy

Old 12-03-03, 07:57 PM
brokedown
Visiting Guest
I use this Suzuki around the farm. I use it once in awhile. It's mostly parked. The last time I used it, I had to jump it because the battery was dead. After the use, I parked it and it sat for 3 months. I bought a new battery and changed it. It cranks fine and turns over but does not start. I've checked everything I know but got nowhere. thanks

Old 12-03-03, 08:11 PM
You may need to drain your gas tank and replace with fresh gas. You are probably pumping dead gas in and it will not likely start on that stuff. Plus..... I think it has a carb.... You may have some things (floats, needle and seat, etc...) sticikng in the carb. The old gas in the carb turns to varnish and sticks things together like molasses. Its not very good to leave a vehicle sitting for months at a time and then only using them very little when you do use them. They need to be taken out and DRIVEN to get the cob webs out!!!
Still this is assuming you are getting proper spark and are actually getting fuel.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 12-04-03, 05:38 AM
bigpoppax2
Visiting Guest
Try pouring a bit of gas into the carb to see if it fires. You may be getting fuel it may not be enough to start. If that does the trick you may be in for a carb teardown and cleanout.

Old 12-16-03, 11:26 PM
charleejo
Visiting Guest
to brokedown suzuki

i had similiar problem. turned out to be a computer module. very exspensive!! there r 2 of them also. don't make the mistake i did and buy the wrong one first. u can't return them the wrong one was the ignitor assembly. (i've never used that mechanic agian). oh, but if it turns out to be that. i have a new for 1/2 price.

Old 12-17-03, 06:25 AM
dumping gas in a carb...

...is extremely dangerous!! I put a friend out that was on fire once...the safest way to put some fuel into an engine from an alternative source is with propane. you can buy a 14 ounce can pretty cheaply and you'll have to get a regulator of some kind...a torch tip with the end cut off works well...the kind a plumber uses to sweat copper pipes...just cut the tip off so you can put a piece of vacuum hose on it. use a long piece of hose so you can be back away from the engine...even in the driver's seat trying to start it...open the valve some and try cranking the engine...keep the can upright. oh...the other end of the hose should be stuck into the breather assembly or into a large vacuum hose going into the engine. this works best with a helper. this will tell you whether you have a fuel delivery problem or not. good luck...