Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 chevy blazer 4x4

Visiting Guest

12-07-03, 04:57 PM   #1  
6stringelectric
95 chevy blazer 4x4

hello. im up in NH. AS YOU PROBABLY WE GOT ALOT OF SNOW. WHILE I WENT TO ENGAGE MY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. ITS NOT ENGAGING. THE LIGHT LIGHTS UP BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. WHEN I TRIED TO ENGAGE 4 WHEEL LOW THAT LIGHT JUST BLINKED. THEN I TRIED PUTTING IT IN NUETRAL, PUSHING THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE BUTTON, AND GOING FOR A SPIN. STILL NOTHING. I CAN HEAR SOMETHING GOING ON WHEN I ENGAGE IN NUETRAL. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

Sponsored Links

VA

12-08-03, 06:25 AM   #2  
it's always a good idea...

...to test these things before you need them! I know...you really wanted to be chided for this, right?? THey have a fair amount of trouble with the actuators that bolt on to the transfer case and control 4WD operation. With the key on, engine NOT running you should be able to push the 4WD button and hear the motor run to engage the front axle drive, if you do the that part is ok (the actuator i referred to)...if it's not in the TC the next thing is at the front axle there is a vacuum switch at the axle that must have vacuum to it anytime the engine runs, when activated the solenoid allows vacuum to go to the servo uner the battery which in turn pulls a cable connected to the front axle (RH side) that locks the RF axle together (this little thing is what allows shift on the fly). So...two things must happen to get $WD operation, the front driveshaft must be engaged in the transfer case AND the front axle must be engaged in the right axle tube...one of the two ain't doing there job. Not using them much coupled with sudden cold can cause operational problems. Mountains of Va here 15 this morning...no doubt shops are getting there fair share of $WD work this am...good luck!

Visiting Guest

12-08-03, 03:13 PM   #3  
6stringelectric
4 wheel drive

Thanks Carguy.
I trie the key on\push button thing. I did hear the motor click on. So id say its the vacume deal. I did pull my battery plate ( info from another web sit) and found the "vacume module"? Not sure of name. Any way it had a thin rubbery type cover that had a hole in it. Also ther seemed to be some kinda fluid dripping out of it. Is this normal? and how much does that part approx. cost to replace?
Thanks for your time.

VA

12-09-03, 04:17 AM   #4  
hey...

...the thin rubber covering is the diaphragm of the servo and should neither have a hole in it nor fluid leaking as there is NO fluid contained in it. you should investigate that further and see exactly where that's coming from as it may have something to do with the failure of the servo. as for cost...i have no idea but i'd venture to say that you'll have to get it from the dealer...i wouldn't imagine it to be very expensive tho...good luck and let us know how it all works out

Search this Thread