Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Starter Problems

Visiting Guest

12-10-03, 10:37 AM   #1  
lredieck
Starter Problems

1995 Chevy Astro. 4.3L,CPI

Yesterday, after a dental appt. i jumped in the car and turned the key and nothing happened. All accessories worked good and the battery had a good charge so i figured the starter was bad.
I called my son for some help.We took off the starter and took to an auto parts store where it tested good. The salesman thought maybe i had a bad ground and recommended sanding the starter near the mounting holes and where it mounts to the vehicle.
I tried this and it worked. I drove to the grocery store and shut the vehicle off. Left the store to go home and the car worked fine.
Got up this morning turned the key and nothing again. I have visually checked all the wiring going to the starter and it all looks good to the naked eye.
Does anybody have any suggestions ? Could the problem be in the ignition switch ? I would really appreciate any help i could get .

Sponsored Links

12-10-03, 02:38 PM   #2  
Have someone tap the starter while attempting to start the vehicle if it works now, you need a new starter.Stay away from house brand starters.

Search this Thread