GM codes 26 and 56

Old 12-10-03, 10:39 AM
crazycrow
Visiting Guest
GM codes 26 and 56

I hadd a trans. mount replaced at a local shop. The next day, my check engine light is coming on and off with codes 26 and 56. I have a Buick Lesabre,3800 engine. My book says this code is the quad driver module. Can someone tell me what this is and what may be causing this? My car seems to run fine,and I brought it back to the shop that did the work on the trans mount and they couldnt find anything wrong. How can I find out what is causing this??

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-03, 02:19 PM
The quad driver is part of the ECM.If I knew the year of the car it may help.Alot of times another component causes the quad driver to fail but not always.Maybe they pinched a wire during the installation of the mount but the light would have been on right away.Please post back with the year.

Old 12-10-03, 02:38 PM
I thought this was resolved on the other forum. You already know you need to find out if one of the actuators or wiring that is causing it.

Old 12-10-03, 02:48 PM
crazycrow
Visiting Guest
To: Davo

Thanks for the reply Davo. I have a 1993 Buick Lesabre 3800 engine. I had the shop check where they did the trans. mount work but they could not find anything wrong. I have been having problems with my cruise control and it does not work now, could this possibly the culprit? The car seems to run fine otherwise.