jeep limited 1996

Old 12-13-03, 12:28 PM
joow
Visiting Guest
Angry jeep limited 1996

I can't get my jeep started. Worked fine yesterday, drove it home althought it started rough. Went out 2 hours later and it started rough again then stalled and I have not been able to get it going again. I tried putting gas and starting spray into the carburator but got nothing (also made sure it had gas). It cranks over but will not start. I checked to see that all plugs were at least attached to their wires. Frustrating.

Got any advice?

Old 12-13-03, 12:34 PM
joow
Visiting Guest
Re: jeep limited 1996

Originally posted by joow
I can't get my jeep started. Worked fine yesterday, drove it home althought it started rough. Went out 2 hours later and it started rough again then stalled and I have not been able to get it going again. I tried putting gas and starting spray into the carburator but got nothing (also made sure it had gas). It cranks over but will not start. I checked to see that all plugs were at least attached to their wires. Frustrating.

Got any advice?
check

Old 12-13-03, 12:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check the basics. make sure you have fire and fuel. Pull a spark plug wire off of the plug and plug a screw driver into it. Lay the wire on the valve cover (or get someone to hold it by the handle) and turn it over. If you see spark then you are one step closer.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 12-13-03, 01:52 PM
BBman
Visiting Guest
Check the basics like the coil, coil wire cap and rotor. Listen for the fuel pump for 2 seconds after the key is turned on. Be careful!!! that is not a carb that you put starting fluid in, that is a throttle body so it may catch fire if there is excess. also checking spark may ignite the starting fluid. This is best left to a pro, you may need a fuel pressure gauge or a scanner. if the fuel pump is bad a generic test is tap the bottom of the tank sometimes it will start.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: