Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

90 Cadillac - electrical problem

Visiting Guest

12-13-03, 05:43 AM   #1  
srsc66
90 Cadillac - electrical problem

I have '90 deville... whenever it is wet (either solid rain or very wet road) when I am driving, intermittedly my electronic climate control(ECC) module goes crazy. The blower will kick up to high and the front and rear defrosters turn on and the display shows (auto, econ, hi, ect.). I'm assuming that it is caused by some wire/connection being exposed to the moisture. But my problem is I don't have any clue on where to start to determine where to start my trace. Could you please advise?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

WV

12-13-03, 11:29 AM   #2  
There is an in car temp sensor and an outside temp sensor. These temp sensors provide input signals to the BCM (Body Control Module) to control the compressor clutch, blower motor and air delivery.
The outside Air temp sensor is located at the front of the vehicle in the center of the radiator support. (Im betting this is actually where your problem lies)
The in car temp sensor is located at the top right hand side of the instrument panel above the glove box. Probably lots of stuff to take out to get to this one. There is a TSB on this sensor for this car and it has something to do with the sensor not being in its proper location making it unable to effectively perform its designed functions. I dont think it is related but you can check it out at www.alldata.com the TSB number is T-91-37.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Visiting Guest

12-13-03, 12:36 PM   #3  
BBman
"I'm assuming that it is caused by some wire/connection being exposed to the moisture"
This is likely. A hair dryer or heat gun may help isolate the problem while it is occuring. Be carefull!!! I would start with the control

Search this Thread