Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

very little heat

12-15-03, 08:03 AM   #1  
very little heat

92 Crown Victoria
V8 4.6L
115,000 miles

After running for about an hour car produces luke warm heat not enough to warm you up at all. Has new thermostat, antifreeze flushed and changed, checked the blower blows find when switch set to cold and find when set to hot. I read on one post that the inlet should be to hot to touch on the firewall. On my car I can hold the inlet and outlet for awhile before it get's to hot for my hand. Please help it's cold in Chicago.

Sponsored Links

12-15-03, 10:48 AM   #2  
Does it have a temp gage? Where is it reading if it has one?

Sounds like a bad thermostat? What brand did you use? Or could be a clogged heater core?

12-15-03, 12:39 PM   #3  
The temp. gauge reads normal it goes up a little under half way like it always has. I'm not sure of the themostat brand I bought it from autozone though.

Visiting Guest

12-15-03, 01:31 PM   #4  
darrell McCoy
I know you said system was flushed, however it does not take much to remove the heater hoses and flush the core anyhow. I think I would try that also.

Visiting Guest

12-16-03, 07:17 AM   #5  
jimmymc
Also, check the heater core inlet hose where in comes off the engine. The nipple can sometimes be clogged with foreign material. Also check the watervalve...if so equipped. Flushing the heater core and checking water flow usually solves these problems.

Make sure the coolant level is up to specs.

jimmymc

Search this Thread