Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuse Blown from My Toyota Corolla Car

Visiting Guest

12-17-03, 04:24 PM   #1  
darenpan
Fuse Blown from My Toyota Corolla Car

A fuse from my car has blown. It is one of three grouped next to the battery and is called "ALT 100 amp" (I think that's 100 amper one for alternator) It's different from other major fuses on that car (called type B fuse, box type) and I had a hard time to take it out (actually, I physically broke the fuse, with some residue still left in the socket) Now I bought a new one and don't know how to put it in. I suspect it was peculiarly installed.

Any ideas and tips? Appreciated!

Daren

Sponsored Links

12-17-03, 06:48 PM   #2  
It is bolted in with two bolts on the terminals, you have to remove the bottom cover of the fuse panel to gain access. You will have to unbolt the panel to do this.

TX

12-18-03, 03:25 AM   #3  
good advice

Only thing I would add to what Toyotaman said is dissconnect battery first before you start.

Visiting Guest

12-22-03, 06:19 PM   #4  
darenpan
Toyota Fuse Problem

thank you guys for the tips! it was a great help.

12-22-03, 06:31 PM   #5  
I assume you replaced it. Good job, it's not that bad once you figure out its bolted in.

The most common reason that fuse blows is from jumping the battery backwards.

Visiting Guest

12-23-03, 07:20 AM   #6  
darenpan
It took some time for a novice guy like me to figure out how to do it. But I'm glad that I did. Thank you. Every bit of message from you folks is a learning piece for me. What do you mean by "jumping the battery backwards"? Thanks!

Daren

12-23-03, 07:32 AM   #7  
By backwards I mean reverse polarity.

Thats when you put the positive of the good battery to the negitive the the discharged one. And the negitive of the good battery to the positive of the discharged.

Can also be accomplished by installing the battery backwards (reversed polarity)

Visiting Guest

12-23-03, 03:14 PM   #8  
darenpan
Clarified, thanks!

Daren

Search this Thread