Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

brakes on 91 t-bird

Visiting Guest

12-26-03, 08:02 AM   #1  
babeface_28
brakes on 91 t-bird

hello all have a problem with the abs brakes on a sc t bird. the brakes was getting hard and not wanting to stop so after going to the dealer and they could not fix it i replaced the whole abs unit. now i have a brake light and anti-lock brake light coming on every time i hit the brake. i have bleed in 3 times and not getting any air any possible answers from anyone.

Sponsored Links

12-26-03, 01:52 PM   #2  
Ok, the dealer couldn't fix it and you did???????
You replaced the WHOLE ABS unit??????
What did you replace????
How do you know that was the problem?

It sounds like you still have air in the system but I don't know what your original problem was. Were you getting a brake or ABS light in the first place?
Sounds like you made more problems than you already had.

12-26-03, 03:42 PM   #3  
Did you use new parts or from the yard.If you put used parts on that could be the problem.Otherwise it likely still has air in the system,it can take quite a while to rid a bpmv(abs valve assembly)of trapped air.Sometimes a scan tool is required to bleed them properly.

Visiting Guest

12-28-03, 03:09 PM   #4  
babeface_28
brakes on 91 t birds

my original problem was that the brakes would get hard when the car gets heated up but it is not running hot. i replaced the whole abs unit under the hood. it was a used part because buying it new they wanted 1300. its not getting hard any more but still its not right.

12-28-03, 05:33 PM   #5  
You can't expect it to get hard if it still has air in the system. You may never get the air out of that used unit if any of the valves are sticking.
Did you ever check for a frozen caliper boiling the brake fluid?

Visiting Guest

12-29-03, 08:49 AM   #6  
babeface_28
no i did not check the calipers but i will thanks.

Search this Thread