Need help - 87 Blazer 4X4

Old 12-27-03, 08:28 AM
Rabbitshole_inc
Visiting Guest
Need help - 87 Blazer 4X4

I'm fixin to buy a 1987 4X4 chevy blazer automatic V8 350 ci. tomorow. All the guages have been ripped out of it. The guages are in the back seat but i need to know how to reinstall them. Can anyone either tell me how to do so or atleast let me know where i can go online to learn? Thanx alot --bryce

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-03, 11:57 AM
This is a no brainer you tell the guy or gal you are buying the Blazer and you want the instrument panel cluster reinstalled
(let them pay if needed).Only 4 screws hold it in attach the speedo cable and wiring for the cluster and thats it.Goes together in 15 minutes or less.Why did they have the cluster out?

Old 12-28-03, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by davo
This is a no brainer you tell the guy or gal you are buying the Blazer and you want the instrument panel cluster reinstalled
(let them pay if needed).Only 4 screws hold it in attach the speedo cable and wiring for the cluster and thats it.Goes together in 15 minutes or less.Why did they have the cluster out?
You said it, why would the cluster be out? Sounds to me like the truck had a million miles on it and instead of telling the customer the true mileage they went out and bought an used cluster with lower miles and said it the orignal.

But if your happy with the truck either way, I would ask the seller to re-install the cluster first. You may wasnt to look into after market gauge clusters, you may find one with an easy install.

Old 12-28-03, 07:29 AM
Rabbitshole_inc
Visiting Guest
The blazer was and is a project truck mainly, who ever owned it last tok all the guages out for what reason, i don't know, but it sits at a buy-here-pay-here lot and either the lot put different guages in the seat or the previous owner brought back the originals. Either way, i'm not bothered by having to reinstall them myself. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything super special that needed to be done to reattach everything. Thanks for the tips. -bryce