Voyager 2000 power window failure

Old 12-28-03, 11:36 AM
jwarner191
Visiting Guest
Voyager 2000 power window failure

The power window on the passegner side of my 2000 Voyager stopped working. I heard there is a fuse that the dealer can reset to make the window work again. Does anyone know where this fuse is and how I can reset it myself?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-03, 01:09 PM
Re: Voyager 2000 power window failure

Originally posted by jwarner191
I heard there is a fuse that the dealer can reset to make the window work again. Does anyone know where this fuse is and how I can reset it myself?
That's a new one on me. You've likely got a bad regulator , motor or switch. I'm not sure about that one but a lot of the regulators are sold complete with the motor.

Old 12-28-03, 02:05 PM
jwarner191
Visiting Guest
If it needs a new electric motor, do you have any idea about how much it would cost to have it fixed?

Old 12-28-03, 02:45 PM
I can tell you the labor is about 1.5hr flat rate so at $65 per hr, that's $97.50. You'll have to price the regulator and/or motor at the dealer. Don't mess with any reman's if you find one. You'll have to take the door panel off to diagnose it.

Old 12-28-03, 02:48 PM
I have to agree with Desi here. I have never heard of a single fuse controlling ONE door on these vehicles. You probably have a window regulator problem. This is a common failure item. The regulator will cost around $140-$150. The labor guide says .8 hours to replace, but I wouldnt count on that. Most likely cost you about 2 hours with diagnostics. Listen to the door while trying to operate it and see if you hear anything. If you hear the motor then you can be pretty sure the regulator is bad. If you dont hear anything then you could have a bad switch, but im betting on the regulator. The regulator and motor come as a unit now. When I worked at Chrysler we probably did at least 2 a week and we were a small dealership. I cant remember or find the part number but the OLD number is 4796306 for the right side regulator.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 12-28-03, 03:25 PM
A window motor failure is often a bad ground. Take the door panel off and poke around, you may find a faulty ground. BTW watch your fingers.

Old 12-28-03, 03:31 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Dont know about a voyager, but GM will get right at 350 bucks for motor and labor. Least you have a ball park figure so you will not be surprised. I am not to keen on aftermarket motors for this.

Old 12-28-03, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Wachtel
A window motor failure is often a bad ground. Take the door panel off and poke around, you may find a faulty ground. BTW watch your fingers.
Never seen that in my life. It's not possible. The motor doesn't ground in the door. It has a switching ground from the switch to change directions.

Old 12-28-03, 10:02 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
bang on the (inside) center of the door with the side of your fist--- while holding the switch up or down. if it springs to life, then you know you need a motor.

if the motor works, but you hear crunching from inside the door, you need a regulator.

both of which are very do it yourselfable( i think billy is correct, i think both parts supercede into one part now)

Old 12-29-03, 03:57 AM
You may need an extra large pop riveter.

Old 12-29-03, 06:31 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
I have, just removed the rivets and used bolts and nuts in their place. Seen a lot of door rattles due to rivets not being pulled up properly. Even on NEW veh's.

Old 12-29-03, 09:46 AM
jwarner191
Visiting Guest
There is no sound at all. The user's manual says there is a fuse that the dealer can reset.

Old 12-29-03, 05:31 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
there is no fuse or circuit breaker feeding this motor. both front windows are fed by 2 PTCs in the junction block. if the driver's window is working, and both rear power vent window's work, the feeds are good.

if you want pins locations to measure voltage, i can supply them, but checking the other components is all you need to do.

if you have power and ground to the window motor connector at the same time, the motor is bad.

(and there are no big rivets either)

Old 01-02-04, 08:17 PM
The window regulator/motor part number is 4675586AB. It was superceded to a complete assembly and this is the current part number. Let us know what you come up with.
Billy