Engine Replacement

Old 01-01-04, 08:00 AM
NEBULASUN
Visiting Guest
Engine Replacement

Does anyone know of an online (Preferred) instruction manual for replacing the engine in a '95 Ford Explorer?

Or a step by step manual Anywhere?

Big Thanks In Advance!!!!!!!!!!1

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-04, 09:24 AM
There's not going to be specific instructions on changing an engine. Most service manuals or information services like Alldata will give you "remove and install" instructions but that's not enough detail for what your doing. It will tell you to remove things but won't necessarily tell you how. Depending just what your putting in for a motor, re: used, long block, short block etc, your going to have to do a lot of parts transferring which will require good water tight and oil tight seals. You'll likely have to transfer things like fuel injection, dist, oil pan, water pump, wiring, flywheel etc. You'll be on your own on that. There will be problems arise to deal with.

Old 01-02-04, 08:30 PM
Not trying to be crass or judgmental, but if you need a step by step manual to replace ANY engine you probably should not be attempting this. IF you feel confident that you can do it and have the mechanical aptitude then just start very slow and label EVERYTHING. It will be worth the extra time spent when its up and running again.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 01-03-04, 07:39 AM
NEBULASUN
Visiting Guest
No offense taken.
Your right I should not be doing this myself.
But, the engine needs replacement, I need a vehicle,
it's the cheapest way out for this poor boy, and other
options are non-existant.
Thanks for your help!