2000 toyota camry

Old 01-01-04, 04:51 PM
3565drj
Visiting Guest
2000 toyota camry

I just bought this car from a ford dealer it has a 4cyl 2.2 in it automatic . the check engine light came on I took it back they said it was a egr code couldnt find any thing wrong cleared the code , I took the car home on the way check engine light came on again took it back they sent it to the toyota dealer they put a new egr on the car. took car home check engine light came on while I had the car at home all of a sudden I have a oil leak looked at the oil level it is over filled most likly my cause of the leak is it possiable that I am getting a check engine light because of to much oil. I am taking the car back to the dealer friday

3565drj

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-04, 05:18 PM
Hi
Welcome to DIY

Sorry for all your troubles, It would have to be overfilled a lot to leak out.

Go back to the Toyota dealer and have diagnose it properly this time. Obviously it wasn't the EGR valve, not the common part to fail on this model. The vacuum switching valve is more likely candidate. With out proper diagnosis we all would be just guessing.

Old 01-01-04, 06:36 PM
I agree with Larry. It doesnt have to be a bad EGR valve just because the code says something about EGR. There are LOTS of things that will set an EGR code. Have them check it again and fix it for free. Too much oil can damage your catalytic converter.
Billy