Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Running lights on an 1992 Honda EX Accord

Visiting Guest

01-01-04, 10:10 PM   #1  
ronexlr8s
Running lights on an 1992 Honda EX Accord

What would be the best way to rewire the factory
fog lights on my 1992 Honda Accord EX? They currently only operate when the low beams are on and the instrument panel switch is on? I want to use the fog lights as daytime running lights anytime the ignition is on and the instrument panel switch is on (still utilizing the
factory switch on the instrument panel).

Sponsored Links

01-02-04, 02:19 PM   #2  
I don't know about where you live but around here that's illegal to do.However the best way would be to rig a switch to interrupt your low beams when they are turned on.You will need a wiring diagram to choose the proper wires.Daytime running lights are low intensity lights so you know,running your foglights all the time will have you changing the bulbs alot.I'll bet they cost more than headlamp bulbs too.If you want daytime running lights use your lowbeam headlights for safety.

Visiting Guest

01-02-04, 02:47 PM   #3  
darrell McCoy
Replacement bulbs are about 6-7 bucks each. You will probably wear them out changing the bulbs. You may even get a ticket, so check with the laws there. If that veh. has not given you any problems in the last 12 years, I darn sure wouldnt start messing with the wiring system. Lot of newer cars have gone to park lites now for running lights, so figure. If you just gotta have daytime lites, use the dims. But dont forget to turn them off. My opinion.

Search this Thread