Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

can't get molding off

01-02-04, 11:03 AM   #1  
can't get molding off

the car:
honda accord 95 LX 4 door

It is unbelievable all the things I have to remove to get to the front door hinges. I have to take off the fender which means i have to take off the horizontal molding that runs under the door. There is a screw behind it that i need to get to in order to remove the fender. I have released all the screws under the chassis for the molding, but it is still stuck in there. I have looked everywhere for more screws etc but there are none. Anyone have any idea? This is driving me crazy and i don't want to just yank it out and break something.

Thanks.
charlie

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-06-04, 07:02 PM   #2  
jimmymc
I think you have to slide that molding front to back or the other way round.

The molding will come off but the plastic clips will stay on the car...you can't put the molding back on without removing the clips from the car and installing them in the molding...and then the molding snaps back in place.

The clips are not easy to get out of the car...but if you try rotating the clips 90 degrees and using a small tool to release the tangs you can get most them out without breaking them.

Sometimes you can get that bolt out of the bottom of the fender without removing the rocker molding.

Goodluck jimmymc

Search this Thread