Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Electrical Problem

NJ

01-04-04, 06:44 AM   #1  
Electrical Problem

I recently bought a1999 Chevy malibu for my daughter. I am having a problem with the interior lights. If you open a door the lights go on as they should but when you close the door, they do not shut off. If you start the car, shut it off and then get out of the car, the lights shut off correctly. So it is only a problem if you do not start the car. Has anybody ever seen a problem like this.

Thank-you
Sal

Sponsored Links

01-04-04, 06:59 AM   #2  
The lights are on a timer did you let them time out?The owners manual will explain the operation if you don't have one get one you need it for scheduled service and safety operations of the vehicle.I think on that car if the battery volts go below a certain point all the modules shut down anyhow.Leaving enough to start the car.

NJ

01-04-04, 07:15 AM   #3  
Hi Davo

Thanks for your response. I don't have the owners manual andso I will have to get one. I did wait for the lights to time out which is what they do when I start and shut off the car.

Sal

Search this Thread