99 blazer 4 wheel drive

Old 01-04-04, 03:56 PM
99 blazer 4 wheel drive

99 blazer with the 4.0 V-6, auto tranny and push button 4X4 (2hi, 4hi, 4lo) does not have the autotrac system(or whatever it is called). The 4X4 worked 2 months ago when I bought it but now is dead. All the indicator lights are working properly. The transfer case is locking into 4hi and 4lo but the front diff is not. After getting mad at Alldata for not having enough info, I have determined that the front diff has a vaccum line comming to it and then an electrical switch which somehow controls the shift fork in the diff.
Is there a way to jump the switch to see if it works without using a scantool, trying to see if it is the switch or whatever controls it.
And, should there be vaccum in that line constantly or only when the 4X4 is engaged, I see there is a vaccum module under the battery but have no idea how it is controled.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-04, 07:12 PM
4.0 in a Blazer? Thats a new one on me. Check for current at the electrical connector with and without the 4x4 engaged. If no current then you have a problem. Check the vacuum in the same manner.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 01-04-04, 07:18 PM
yea well, it's got the 4.3, just like everyone elses. I was smokin a big rock when I was typing.

Search this Thread