Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Idler Tension

01-04-04, 05:14 PM   #1  
Idler Tension

can you please tell me which way the tension is to be placed on the idlier pully facing front of vechicle. i screwed the threads up on the peice the pully fits on & i hope to get it rethreaded.
if not i will have to buy this pc.
when placing the socket on the bolt to adjust tension do i push to the left or to the right to get belt on or off. facing front of automobile.
93 ford explorer 4.0 with air. only carries 1 belt
i didn't have any problem getting tension off when taking belt off but trying to get enough slack to get belt back on is where i ran into trouble.
thanks for any help--mccoy

Sponsored Links

WV

01-04-04, 06:38 PM   #2  
Not sure exactly what you have there, but just put your tool on the tensioner without thebelt on and which ever way it will easily move is the way to turn it to get the belt on.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

01-05-04, 04:04 AM   #3  
Look your belt over closely. Chances are your belt is not positioned exactly in the grooves in one of the pulleys. There is very little room for error. It is usually easier if you save one of the backsided pulleys for last so you won't have to lift it over the lip.

Search this Thread