bleeding my clutch

Old 01-05-04, 10:54 AM
idunno
Visiting Guest
bleeding my clutch

i have replaced my slave cylinder in my 94 berretta. now i can't figure out how to bleed it. there is no pressure in my clutch pedal. if there is any advice i could get i would much appreciate it. it is a four cylander.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-04, 11:06 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
There should be a bleed valve on the slave, fill the master cyl, open the slave bleed and let it gravity drain a small amount. Then get a helper. When he depresses the clutch, open the slave bleed valve a little, repeat procedure 3 or 4 times. Be sure the helper does not release the clutch once it is depressed, untill you have closed the slave bleeder. In the meantime, dont let the master cyl run out of fluid.

Old 01-05-04, 04:44 PM
Basically that same as bleeding the brakes. The slave is right there with the clutch fork so when you have enough pressure you will know it because the slave will be working the clutch fork.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 01-05-04, 05:03 PM
It's ALMOST the same as bleeding brakes. The problem bleeding a clutch is the air is always trying to rise to the top and the bleeder is on the bottom. It can be hell without some vacuum or pressure equipment. what usually works for me is if you can get it to the point that your starting to at least feel some resistance at the pedal, then just start pumping the clutch pedal like hell. The air will migrate to the top and bleed back through the master.