Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

overheating 2.2 Pontiac

Visiting Guest

01-07-04, 01:24 AM   #1  
philiph58
overheating 2.2 Pontiac

My 2.2 engine is overheating.the coolant level light is on,had a shop put in new water pump,I put in new thermostat,still same.is the water pump they put in junk?also reservoir is full,and I get some heat thru heater

Sponsored Links

01-07-04, 04:02 AM   #2  
Re: overheating 2.2 Pontiac

Originally posted by philiph58
My 2.2 engine is overheating.the coolant level light is on,also reservoir is full,and I get some heat thru heater
Did you take the radiator cap off and check the level? I don't know if that uses a presurized reserve or not? The system needs to be pressure tested to determine if you have a leak or not.
Does the fan come on?
Is the coolant rusty or dirty?
Do you even use coolant?

WV

01-07-04, 04:30 AM   #3  
What year/model is the car? Some of these have bleed valves and require a very special bleed procedure and if it is not done correctly it will overheat fast. I have done tons of these and sometimes they bleed easy and sometimes they are a pain. There are actually 2 different bleed procedures based on what coolant setup your car has. If the mechanic didnt know about the bleed procedure then that will definately be why you are overheating.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Search this Thread