94 ford taurus glx

Old 01-10-04, 07:50 AM
joseacruz
Visiting Guest
94 ford taurus glx

happy newyear to all, our family car has recently developed a problem, unfortunately during a visit from a family memeber that i havn't seen en 15 years.and with all the holiday festivities here in puerto rico its very hard to get anything done......so here i am!
the problem so im told might be related to the airflow meter system? well the problem is while the car is relatively cool everything seems to work ok. after heating up it starts jumping or stalling especialy while decelerating or after accelerating and trying to maintain a steady velocity. somtimes it gets really bad and if i brake or have to stop at a light suddenly it'll just die. im able to start it up again ok, but i dont know how long that will last. with loss of power steering if i have to brake on a curve, things can get pretty tricky, especially if my wifes driving.
when i took it to a mechanic i was told i had a serious problem, he hooked it up to the computer he was able to trace it down to the flow meter but he was leaving for vacation so id would have to take it back another.
while at home i thought id fuss around and see what i could do. so i removed the flowmeter assembly and used some a chemical (sellig contact cleaner) put everthing back together end everthing worked perfectly. just like new. well it worked almost a week so i said i'll clean it again only thing is i'm not sure the wireharness was connected so imay have been running with it disconnected. i cleaned everthing put it back together and same problem.
I've put in new gas filters fuel injection cleaners and am thinking it must be a sensor can anybody help me??????

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-04, 02:45 PM
You disconnected the Mass Air Flow Sensor and it ran good??? That would lead me to believe the MAF is bad. Replace it with a known good MAF and see what that nets you.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 01-10-04, 04:19 PM
joseacruz
Visiting Guest
reply to your note

thanks for your responce, i gave the car a test drive of about 30 miles to a business meeting today. before i left i unplugged an cleaned every electrical harness i could find in the immediate area of the MAF made sure eveything was connnected and i took off. 2 miles away every time i braked the car it would stall and and i'd have to throw it into neutral and start the car while moving in traffic not to mention traffic lights and curves. the thing is after the meeting i disconnected the MAF and the trip back was smooth, no problems stopping nothing. but i dont think i can leave like that for long. would u recommend a used one from a junker, i know ford parts r pretty darn expensive here, or maybe you can recommend a parts co. stateside?

by the way i like chevelles too? why do i have a ford? thought i givem a try, most of the U.S. cars we get here are way overpriced anyway thanks again for your response!

Old 01-10-04, 04:27 PM
You can try one from a Junker, but it may be bad as well. As long as it hasnt been sitting too long it should be OK.
I like Fords too.... but only certain ones (from like 1970 back...LOL)
Good Luck,
Billy

Old 01-10-04, 04:41 PM
joseacruz
Visiting Guest

thanks for the quick response i"ll see if i can find something on ebay, i know what u mean about the old ones. im originally from milwaukee my buddies had 68 gto, 57 chevy, 65 impala convertible, 69 tempest, 63 pushbuton trans dart?(cant remember model before dart) and right in front of my house 2 68 chevelle's, 1orange,and 1white

thanks again..... Jose Cruz