Ford Aerostar heat

Old 01-10-04, 08:06 AM
stix309
Visiting Guest
Ford Aerostar heat

I have a 1993 Ford Aerostar I have just had the stat changed and it is working fine. Ihave separate rear heat and it is blowing really hot but the front is only slightly warm

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-04, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a blend door problem. When you switch from heat to A/C can you hear a "thunk" under the dash on the passenger side?
Billy

Old 01-10-04, 03:09 PM
stix309
Visiting Guest
aerostar heat

I believe the blend door is working, air changes from vent to defrost or feet and temp of air changes from cold to warm settings. I there a way to check the door operation. The lines heading into the heater core are hot. When I change from defrost to vent I get a short blast of warm air and then it cools off rapidly it is not as cold as the outside air but alot cooler than the rear heat

Old 01-10-04, 03:26 PM
Your recirc door may be sticking open or the blend door not closing all the way.

Old 01-11-04, 08:13 AM
stix309
Visiting Guest
aerostar heat

If the problem is the blend door or the recirc door how do I find out for sure and then repair the problem or is ther a quick fix until the temp rises, and I can spend more than 2 minutes out side without freezing off certain parts of the human body.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-18-04, 09:42 AM
s.king
Visiting Guest
i have an 88 ford aerostar that had the same prob. I replaced my heater core i have not had prob. since Aerostars are known for this