Ford Aerostar heat

Old 01-10-04, 08:06 AM
stix309
Visiting Guest
Ford Aerostar heat

I have a 1993 Ford Aerostar I have just had the stat changed and it is working fine. Ihave separate rear heat and it is blowing really hot but the front is only slightly warm

Old 01-10-04, 01:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a blend door problem. When you switch from heat to A/C can you hear a "thunk" under the dash on the passenger side?
Billy

Old 01-10-04, 03:09 PM
stix309
Visiting Guest
aerostar heat

I believe the blend door is working, air changes from vent to defrost or feet and temp of air changes from cold to warm settings. I there a way to check the door operation. The lines heading into the heater core are hot. When I change from defrost to vent I get a short blast of warm air and then it cools off rapidly it is not as cold as the outside air but alot cooler than the rear heat

Old 01-10-04, 03:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Your recirc door may be sticking open or the blend door not closing all the way.

Old 01-11-04, 08:13 AM
stix309
Visiting Guest
aerostar heat

If the problem is the blend door or the recirc door how do I find out for sure and then repair the problem or is ther a quick fix until the temp rises, and I can spend more than 2 minutes out side without freezing off certain parts of the human body.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-18-04, 09:42 AM
s.king
Visiting Guest
i have an 88 ford aerostar that had the same prob. I replaced my heater core i have not had prob. since Aerostars are known for this

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: