Left car running

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-04, 05:21 PM
Left car running

Hi,

I accidentally left my car running for more than 10 hours and was wondering if that could cause any major problems?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

VC

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-04, 05:32 PM
was it running

Was it running when you got back?did it run out of fuel?I really dont think you hurt anything if it was running when you got back or did not run out of fuel.Engines run for hours at a time in industrial applications.If your engine was in good shape to start and had no problems to begin with like overheating or oil useage I would not worry about it.

Old 01-12-04, 05:52 PM
thanks for your reply! now I feel much much better!

the engine was still running but my fuel indicator was on so I drove it to a nearby gas station to get gas...I was able to start it up and it was running as usual...

Thanks again for your reply!

Old 01-13-04, 09:48 PM
Left it running for ten hours(!!!!!!!!) and it was still there when you got back??? LOL!
I know that you weren't in the Bronx, NY. or some areas of Boston at the time! LOL! J/K

Old 01-14-04, 12:08 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
if running a car/truck for 10 hours straight was bad, think of all the county/township/borough/state workers/highway dept/maintenance dept/DOT/construction crew's supervisors that sit in their truck all day, and with the a/c on full blast that would have problems too.

they don't---so you won't

Old 01-14-04, 02:02 PM
KurtDixon
Visiting Guest
A friend of a friend used to leave his car on during work (in the parking lot, left it idling away all day at work, about 6-8 hours.)
He only did this during the winter (to keep it warm) but his defense was "it is good on gas"
Quite a meat head though
Leaving it running once like that shouldn't be a big deal (btw you are not a moron since you accidently left it running, unlike the other person

Old 01-14-04, 02:10 PM
You should be fine some companies with diesel trucks around here keep them running 24/7 only getting turned off for maintenance.

Closed Thread