Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Electronic Seats

Visiting Guest

01-13-04, 02:06 PM   #1  
joanmarie
Electronic Seats

I have a 2000 pontiac Grand-Am with electronic seats to raise or lower your seating position after my son was driving with the seat down it will not raise up. I can hear the motor running when i trying raising by the switch. What are the possible problems or fixes?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-13-04, 03:06 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
Those are pretty delicate motors and gears. I would say a plastic gear has gone bad on you. If so, likely it is a dealer item only. Normally the seat has to come out for service.

Visiting Guest

01-13-04, 10:34 PM   #3  
joanmarie
power seat motor

Does this mean the motor will have to be replaced or repaired? Can any auto repair man do this, or does it have to be a pontiac dealer? What price range should I expect to be billed for? Thanks

Visiting Guest

01-14-04, 09:40 AM   #4  
darrell McCoy
Time and labor consuming. Close to 3 hours. Motor assembly would be about 60 bucks if needed. Total would be close to 300 bucks. I suppose a good shop could do it for you, but at a dealer you should get a 12 month warranty on labor and parts, thats the way I would go as they would use O.E.M. parts.

Search this Thread