Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1994 Toyota Trunk Comparment Light

NY

01-13-04, 10:29 PM   #1  
1994 Toyota Trunk Comparment Light

Hi;
Just as a matter of curiousity ( before my wife drives me crazy!) does anyone know if Toyota uses a standard wiring harness for their autos?
I am being bugged to install a trunk comparment light in a 1994 Toyota Corolla sedan and, before I start snaking wires, was interested if there is a wire for this, already prewired as part of a standard harness and just needing to be connected.
If so what color, and where is a good pickup point?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-14-04, 03:03 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
toyota man would be able to tell you, but if you want to start on your own, just check the wires going into trunk area, perhaps between the outer and inner shell, if there is a pigtail you should be able to see it. Some cars use the same harness and some do not. GM uses different harnesses on the same make and model of car. Strange however, sometimes you buy the cheapest model and you have such things as an underhood and trunk lite, then others of same model and year, costing more dont have either.

01-14-04, 04:24 PM   #3  
Thats sounds like the base model, it dosen't have the wire in the harness for a trunk lite if there is not a lite installed.

Not like some american they include all wires in the harness even if the option is not installed. Toyota will make all different harness to suit the option.

Search this Thread