My 88 Royale Just WONT START!

Old 01-15-04, 05:41 PM
justaju256
Visiting Guest
My 88 Royale Just WONT START!

My 88 Royale wont start what do I do? I'ts not the battery, sparkplugs, or alternator, what do I do?

Please help me, I know nothing about cars!

Thank You,
justaju256

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-04, 05:54 PM
car_boy_16
Visiting Guest
Battery connections? Starter? Fuel Pump? It could be a bunch of things, have it checked out by someone who knows how to troubleshoot.

Old 01-15-04, 06:05 PM
justaju256
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by car_boy_16
Battery connections? Starter? Fuel Pump? It could be a bunch of things, have it checked out by someone who knows how to troubleshoot.
It is not any of those things, we've been through that too. The car was put in the shop 2-3 times before, but they just did not know. Do you have anymore suggestions?

I don't have alot of money...and my dad is trying to get this car to work, but we just can't get it going.
And thanks!

Old 01-15-04, 06:36 PM
If a car will not start and your shop cannot figure out why, then you need to find another shop.
There are procedures to isolate the problem and any knowledgeable technician knows how to troubleshoot that problem.
You've admitted you know nothing and it is going to take at least a little familiarity with components to diagnose this problem even with our help so you need to find a reputable shop. Feel free to post any of his findings for our opinion.

Old 01-18-04, 12:06 AM
s.king
Visiting Guest
hey have you checked your fuel filter if it severly clogged your car wont start or have you ever changed your timing belt, is your cars firingorder correct even if it is not correct when you check your they will test fine I think you need to find a new mechanic
oh alsowhat size engine is in your car i have books on 88 Gm's i could tell you the firing order and help troubleshoot

Old 01-18-04, 12:10 AM
justaju256
Visiting Guest
Thanks!

Great ideas people keep pasisng them along, and I will pass them to my dad.

Thank You so much!

Old 01-18-04, 08:36 AM
Lets start over here. Describe the condition in detail. "It wont start" just aint gonna cut it. Thats just not enough information to get you any educated advice here. What DOES it do? Can you see/smell fuel? Does it have spark? Does it turn over?
Billy

Old 01-18-04, 09:01 AM
s.king
Visiting Guest
hey iwas thinking the same after i logged out I realized I did not even know if it would turn over or not let us know then we could lokkat all areas of trouble shooting
steve

Old 01-18-04, 09:07 AM
justaju256
Visiting Guest
It Clicks!

All it does is click! It's so sad.

Thanks Guys & Girls,
Justin

Old 01-18-04, 09:11 AM
If it "just clicks" then you obviously have a starting problem. it can be anything from the battery, or switch,or starter, to the engine being locked up. Where is the clicking sound coming from? Under the dash? Or in the engine compartment? If so, where in the engine compartment?
What engine is in this car?
Billy