Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tightening belts on my Mazda???

Visiting Guest

01-17-04, 08:30 AM   #1  
winthropboy
Tightening belts on my Mazda???

My belt has been squeaking for a few days. I looked at it, and it has shifted over to the side just enough for the edge of it to be on the rim of one of the wheels. So my battery light just came on too. It's dying! I could change my belts in my Toyota truck because there was a lot of room under the hood. I could do many things. But with this Mazda, I can't seem to get in there without removing the engine first! It's a 98 Mazda Protege, and I just need to get in there to loosen the tension on the belt, then move the belt over. The belts are new. Does anyone have an easy answer for me? Just checkin....THANKS!

Sponsored Links

01-17-04, 11:46 AM   #2  
You have some kind of problem belts don't walk off pulleys for no reason check the tensioner and accessories.A good place to start may be checking the alternator output since the light is on.As far as access it isn't always easy to fix a car problem so you either dive in or pay someone else to dive in.Cars and trucks are being built to meet alot of specs and ease of service is not one,trust me on that.

Search this Thread