Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Radio LED Display

01-18-04, 06:43 AM   #1  
Radio LED Display

I own a 2001 Mazda 626. The LED display on the radio is scrambled. Not all the numbers lines are visible. This makes seeing what radio station is on and seeing the time impossible.The odd thing is that sometimes it works fine,but for just a short period of time( maybe 2-3 mins), then it will go back to incomplete displays. This is a standard original equipment AM-FM/CD player radio. I cannot locate a brand name(such as Delco or Blauplunkt). Is there a plan for repair or do I just replace this with a new radio/cd ? The radio and cd player works fine and sounds great. Just the LED display is bad.
Thanx
bill from ohio

Sponsored Links

WV

01-18-04, 08:43 AM   #2  
Sounds like you have an electrical concern in the radio itself. If there are no other electrical anomolies then you should probably take it to a dealer or a reputable auto electrical shop to get it checked out.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

01-18-04, 09:46 AM   #3  
I agree with Billy about internal problem.

How old and how many miles? May still be covered under warranty?

If not remove the radio and have it repaired. Here is a link http://www.radiomanrepair.com/. I'm sure their are others, do a goggle search.

Search this Thread