wipers won't work

Old 01-18-04, 08:08 AM
davenroh
Visiting Guest
wipers won't work

I own a 1997 Ply Grand Voyager. The wipers started to work intermittently but now do not come on at all. The fuse is good. Is there a way to test the modules that control the wipers?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-04, 10:26 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
there's quite a bit involved with the computer to make the wipers work. if you search the archives, you'll see the info i've typed before.

did you try tapping on the wiper motor(inside the cowl), sometimes it goes bad. also in the circuit are the 2 relays, the PDC(power distribution center) BCM(body control module) and the multifunction switch. the multi-function switch is known for making the wipers come on by themselves(when the switch is off) if that ever happened, you might get lucky with a new one.

ideally, you would need a scan tool to communicate with the module to see if it is a control or output issue.

you didn't try to wipe a windshield full of ice, did you? that will strip out the nuts on the wiper arms.

Old 01-19-04, 06:10 AM
Can you hear the motor running? A bushing connecting the wiper linkage to one of the arms broke on mine recently and kept the arms from moving. I could hear the motor running, but the arms just stayed stationary.