Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1999 Chevy Venture power window

Visiting Guest

01-25-04, 12:46 PM   #1  
bmadorma
1999 Chevy Venture power window

My 1999 Chevy Venture drivers side power window, is not working correctly. It goes down OK, but when I try to raise the window it only comes up half way and seems to fall off track. The front edge of the window is lagging behind and the window jams up and stops. I removed the interior door panel and can't find out what is wrong. If you pull the window back to make it level it will go up but then get uneven again. I put some grease on all moving parts, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

01-25-04, 04:04 PM   #2  
With the door panel off and the window half way down, just grab the glass and move it while you watch for what's not attached. Something is letting that glass move. GM's sometimes use a plastic bushing looking piece that attaches to the edge of the glass and locks into the vertical channel to prevent it from coming out. Others use a plastic runner in the horizontal lift channel that breaks and just leaves a round ball on the regulator that jumps out of the channel. Your going to have to look and see what type is used in that van.

Search this Thread