Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 Honda Civic Ex

Visiting Guest

01-26-04, 10:36 AM   #1  
duce110
95 Honda Civic Ex

I have a 95 Honda Civic Ex with 132000 miles. I have two problems. First problem are my windows. They are starting to go down and up slowly of sometimes they get stuck. The passenger side window somtimes downs down about 1/8" and starts to come down slanted. Then I have to roll it back up and it happens again. The moon roof backs up very very slow. Could it be the motor that needs to get replaced?
The second problem is when I have the car on idle, there is a rattling noise coming from the engin area. When I open the hood, there is a pulley (don't know which it is, but it is located in the front, under the hood on the driver's side) that is rattling. Can the bolt be loose, and if so, how can I tighten it?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-26-04, 10:45 AM   #2  
duce110
Oh one more thing, the speedometer is working properly either. It works when it wants to work. The needle jumps up and down, sometimes stays down, sometimes it actually works. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix it. I think that the wires might be crossing each other but don't know how to check or fix.

01-26-04, 03:55 PM   #3  
OK, first problem, a slow window is usually a sign or a weak motor but if the window is getting slanted while moving, something is wron with the track or regulator. You'll have to take the door apart to find out. you just have to look at it travel and analize what's happening.
Now, your second problem, Pully's generally don't get loose, the bearing goes bad. Your just going to have to replace the pully. First you have to determine what it is. It may be the spring loaded tensioner or it may be just an idler. It could even be your water pump. Either way, it has to be replaced.
I don't know if your speedometer is cable or electric but I think it is cable and it's acting like the cable might be broken. you'll have to remove it to find out.

Visiting Guest

01-26-04, 04:01 PM   #4  
primo8998
As for the Tach, it could be that the plug behind the cluster coming loose. Might be worth a peek it is the far upper right plug which controls the tach. Also the pickup for the tach is the blue wire from the distributor, you mya want to do a quick chase of the wire.

01-26-04, 04:47 PM   #5  
Originally posted by duce110
Oh one more thing, the speedometer is working properly either..
Where did tach come from?

Visiting Guest

01-26-04, 09:10 PM   #6  
primo8998
Sorry i was thinking tach dunno why....lol .... i guess brain fart. Well the Vss is located ontop of the transmission. I would try unplugging the vehcicle speed sensor and check for moisture. Either blow compressed air into the sensor or maybe a shot of brake fluid. I doubt the vehicle speed sensor took a poop. I have seen this alot where moisture or oil is present in the connnection.

Search this Thread