Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

honda accord 91 window problem

Visiting Guest

01-28-04, 02:58 PM   #1  
Hondyman
honda accord 91 window problem

My 91 Accord 4 dr has a driver side window out of order. It got stuck in the middle while I was trying to raise it. It's cold and I have it taped up. Anybody know how to replace the motor(regulator). I tested for continuity and it failed to ground.

It was cold when it happened and when I tried to raise it, it didn't go up. I thought it was the cold at first, but I opened up the door panel and there was no ice accumulation. I can't manually raise it to keep the cold out. Please help.

Sponsored Links

WV

01-28-04, 03:54 PM   #2  
Can you hear the motor trying to operate while you are pushing the button? Check the fuse, but if the other windows are working then it should be in the door, either motor or regulator.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Visiting Guest

01-28-04, 04:15 PM   #3  
primo8998
Or the switch

Visiting Guest

01-28-04, 05:29 PM   #4  
Hondyman
Tried it

I tested motor continuity and it failed so I know it is the motor. I can't hear anything which also lets me know that it's electrical. Which it first broke down, it was trying to move, but now it doesn't even jerk.

How do I get the regulator out and replace it? I just ordered a replacement online.

Thanks for the feedback Billy and Primo.

WV

01-28-04, 06:57 PM   #5  
Not sure about that model. You may be able to replace JUST the motor. Check the local library for a manual that will give you directions. Or just take the door panel off and give it a good look. Shouldnt be too hard.
Billy

Visiting Guest

01-29-04, 01:18 PM   #6  
Hondyman
I'll try the library. Thanks.

Search this Thread