honda accord 91 window problem

Old 01-28-04, 02:58 PM
Hondyman
Visiting Guest
Angry honda accord 91 window problem

My 91 Accord 4 dr has a driver side window out of order. It got stuck in the middle while I was trying to raise it. It's cold and I have it taped up. Anybody know how to replace the motor(regulator). I tested for continuity and it failed to ground.

It was cold when it happened and when I tried to raise it, it didn't go up. I thought it was the cold at first, but I opened up the door panel and there was no ice accumulation. I can't manually raise it to keep the cold out. Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-04, 03:54 PM
Can you hear the motor trying to operate while you are pushing the button? Check the fuse, but if the other windows are working then it should be in the door, either motor or regulator.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 01-28-04, 04:15 PM
primo8998
Visiting Guest
Or the switch

Old 01-28-04, 05:29 PM
Hondyman
Visiting Guest
Tried it

I tested motor continuity and it failed so I know it is the motor. I can't hear anything which also lets me know that it's electrical. Which it first broke down, it was trying to move, but now it doesn't even jerk.

How do I get the regulator out and replace it? I just ordered a replacement online.

Thanks for the feedback Billy and Primo.

Old 01-28-04, 06:57 PM
Not sure about that model. You may be able to replace JUST the motor. Check the local library for a manual that will give you directions. Or just take the door panel off and give it a good look. Shouldnt be too hard.
Billy

Old 01-29-04, 01:18 PM
Hondyman
Visiting Guest
I'll try the library. Thanks.