Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Radio LCD

NE

01-29-04, 09:27 AM   #1  
Radio LCD

The Radio LCD on my 2000 Grand Prix has stopped working. The radio works fine, I just can't see the station numbers or the clock. Does anyone know if this can be fixed? If so is it worth the money or would I be better off replacing the whole receiver?

Sponsored Links

WV

01-29-04, 04:52 PM   #2  
Is it a factory or aftermarket radio? If it is factory I would check with the dealer and see if there are any bulletins or an exchange program. Some dealers deal with a vendor that exchanges the electrical units and refurbishes them. That may be an avenue to attempt to lower your out of pocket expense.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

01-29-04, 05:00 PM   #3  
You could check out this link http://www.radiomanrepair.com

Visiting Guest

02-02-04, 09:38 AM   #4  
tstokka
alot of the factory radios rely on a light bulb to illuminate the lcd, If your handy at all you could pull the unit out and take the cover off to verify if its a bulb. If you don't see a bulb then its probably a sure bet that you need to get a new radio, check salvage yards or ebay.

I've changed a lot of bulbs on mid 80's ford radios, for some reason the factory bulb sucks and would always blow out. Must have been a way to save money using cheap bulbs.

Good luck.

Search this Thread