1991 Buick

Old 01-31-04, 07:18 PM
Decemblu
Visiting Guest
1991 Buick

My son has a 1991 Buick, He was driving on the highway and the car would not switch gears. He tried to rev the engine up to make it switch gears and when this did not work, he put it down in low gear (going about 40 mph). The car began to smoke and now it won't crank, just tries to turn over. He also said that he added transmission fluid, but did not check the fluid level with the car on. When I drove the car it did have transmission trouble, I just made sure that the fluid was up and it drove fine. What could possibly be wrong with the car now?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-04, 03:53 AM
Sounds like your son is a one mane demolition crew. No idea how much damage he's done so your going to have to have someone look at it and find out. Sounds like your he needs to learn a little respect for a car though. Does he use a sledge hammer to fix his watch too?

Old 02-01-04, 05:09 AM
You would need to see if you have lost fuel or spark for starters and we would need an engine size.I would consider the age of this vehicle because you already have a trans problem and from your description you most likely have engine trouble also.These are the 2 most expensive components of a car to repair.Is this car worth it.I'm curious what color was the smoke?