PCV Stuck in the BOOT!!

Old 02-02-04, 03:21 PM
SimK68
Visiting Guest
Exclamation PCV Stuck in the BOOT!!

I cant get this thing OUT! These things are always hard to get out! They literly bake inside that rubber boot. Can you replace these boots without taking the valve cover off Joe? Remember my 81 Olds delta 88'?

Man Ive tried everything to get that S.O.B. out!! Pliers,channelocks, and vise-grips! I screamed so loud my veins popped my hair turned greyer! It is stuck in there GOOD!! And this is not the 1st time this has happened. That rubber boot is cracked around the edges where I have my finger, would that matter? I got to have this replaced for emmisions inspection.

Old 02-02-04, 03:23 PM
SimK68
Visiting Guest
The attachment?... My pic didnt upload.

Old 02-02-04, 03:32 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes you can change the pcv grommet without removing the valve cover.Joe is no longer here he left quite some time ago of his own accord.

Old 02-02-04, 04:43 PM
SimK68
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by davo
Yes you can change the pcv grommet without removing the valve cover.Joe is no longer here he left quite some time ago of his own accord.
Aw man! I hope he comes back. Well thanks for the info!

Old 02-02-04, 05:52 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The grommet will be so hard it will break into small pieces when you try to get it out. Try to pull the pieces out with needle nose pliers etc. without letting the pieces fall into the valve cover. Some will fall in so try to get as many out as you can with a mechanical finger (claw) and a vacuum cleaner. Put in a new grommet & pcv valve & you are all set. Start the car and pull the pcv valve out of the grommet & make sure there is good suction at the end of the valve. Sometimes thhe hose or the fitting at the other end of the hose can become clogged with deposits.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: