power windows

Old 02-02-04, 03:40 PM
bobcatden
Visiting Guest
power windows

I have an 88 sable and the power windows are not working they the front ones went up half way and stopped and nothing words now. I looked at the fuses and there is no fuse for the windows. They said something about a circut breaker under the hood, I have no idea where to look or how to replace this. Can you give me any insite on doing this job. How hard is it to do from a scale of 1-5 5 being the worst. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-04, 10:28 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
do all the windows not work(and did they stop at the same time)? are there any noises from any of the doors when hitting the switches?

can you grab the window and pull it up or push it down? do the dome lights dim when hitting the switches?

Old 02-03-04, 10:49 AM
bobcatden
Visiting Guest
it makes a noise like the battery is dead and the dome light dims. I tried to pull the window up but nothing. Yes they all stopped at the same time. The power seat doesn't work too.

Old 02-03-04, 11:15 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
well, if the seat stopped working at the same time too, then you need to find a wiring diagram and see what the common component is. it could be a power feed, a ground, a partially cracked wire, or even a switch. you will need a voltmeter or a testlight and some free time to figure things out. the library is a good place to find wiring diagrams.

Search this Thread