Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'89 Buick Century Water Pump

Visiting Guest

02-03-04, 07:59 PM   #1  
Tulk
'89 Buick Century Water Pump

I have a '89 Buick Century Wagon, 4cyclinder engine.

My husband and I are having difficulties getting the pulley off the water pump, we cant find the proper hex or torx key to remove the center bolt, if there even is a bolt since we cannot determine if the pulley might be pressed on.

We cant take the water pump itself off cause there is one more bolt holding it on behind the pulley(which we obviously cant get off =)).

We have consulted every repair manual we have and none of them give any kinds of details about the 4 cyclinder engines.

Sponsored Links

02-03-04, 08:25 PM   #2  
Should be a 2.5l, and it does have a pressed on pulley. AZ may have the puller/installation tool for rent, not sure. You should also take the front motor mount loose (it's right in front of the water pump, towards the front of the car) and jack up the engine for clearance. Take the mount loose from the frame at the pass. side and front, get a floor jack with a piece of wood on it, and jack it up under the oil pan. This may not be absolutely necessary, but it sure makes it easier to access.

Search this Thread