Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

GM Trans problems after radiator change

Visiting Guest

02-06-04, 02:18 PM   #1  
ndynex
GM Trans problems after radiator change

I have a 1990 Buick LaSabre 70,000 miles, the trans was changed about 20,000 miles ago and has been working fine. I just had a radiator replaced and they did not add lost trans fluid after repair. I noticed the trans shifts hard and wants to start in 2nd then to 1st and bangs when you de-excellerate. I went back and the shop added trans fluid however the problem is still the same. I have made sure the trans fluid is full. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
[email protected]

Sponsored Links

02-06-04, 03:40 PM   #2  
If it started after having the radiator replaced maybe debris was in the cooler.I would try changing the fluid and operate the vehicle in every gear selection,sounds like maybe something got in the valve body.Also check the modulator hose to see if trans fluid is in it or the hose disconnected.

02-06-04, 04:08 PM   #3  
I'd also check to make sure they didn't disturb the throttle pressure cable at the throttle body that goes down to the transmission if it has one. I think that car does.

Search this Thread