1994 honda malfunctioning power windows and door locks

Old 02-08-04, 11:55 AM
jbenzhonda
Visiting Guest
1994 honda malfunctioning power windows and door locks

3 of the 4 windows operate properly. The 4th window (front passenger side) went down as
normal but will not go back up. what's the problem ?
Power locks started to work sometimes and sometimes not. Now the locks will not work at all
although the alarm is still able to be deployed. I am in need of quick HELP!!
jbenzhonda

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 04:12 PM
orfordbomb1
Visiting Guest
you probably have a bad connection some where. first check the switches. if you have power there both in and out then check the window motor for power as well as the lock motor

Old 02-09-04, 06:30 PM
Your going to need a schematic to look for a common component or junction to cause this. Sometimes all the power passes through the drivers master switch first. Sometimes the door lock switch is also built in to that unit. I wouldn't think they share a power supply because door locks are battery power and windows are "key on" power.

Old 02-10-04, 04:43 AM
You could have 2 serparate problems as well. I would concentrate on the window first. Making sure you have power to the motor and switch. Rap on the door while trying to roll the window up. If it works the motor is bad, If you hear it trying to work and its not going anywhere likely the regulator. But you need power first so stick with that. Then go to the locks.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 02-10-04, 09:09 AM
primo8998
Visiting Guest
I have also seen where the main harness on the driver side door lose its connection. It is right by the hinge on the door. Make sure that thing is plugged all the way in.