95 chevy beretta

Old 02-08-04, 08:00 PM
orfordbomb1
Visiting Guest
Exclamation 95 chevy beretta

i have a 95 chevy beretta and the rear defroster does not work. what can i do to fix it

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 02:40 AM
First, find out if it's getting any power. Is the indicater on the dash lighting up?

Old 02-09-04, 05:37 AM
orfordbomb1
Visiting Guest
the indicator light comes on. there is no power to window though. but i'm having a hard time chasing the wires through the dash. where do you think the problem may be.

Old 02-09-04, 02:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you check for voltage at the connection in the trunk? If no voltage there, You probably have a circuit breaker which has kicked or a bad solid state timer.
If you do have voltage in the trunk, you have a break in the grid.

Old 02-09-04, 04:08 PM
orfordbomb1
Visiting Guest
ok, i have no power at the trunk. but i don't know where to find the timer or the breaker to test that. i have no knowledge of the whole rear defogger system because i have never delt with one before. i know that its probably under the dash but where, and what does it look like? also how hard will it be to fix it?

Old 02-09-04, 06:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The circuit breaker and the solid state timer are probably located in the component center. I'm not sure exactly where that is on your car but check under the instrument panel on the right side of your car. It may be behind the carpet or the kick panel. The circuit breaker looks like a small cube. Hopefully the components are labeled. It should be grouped with the headlight, power window, and a/c circuit breakers.

Good hunting.

Search this Thread