Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

intermitent wipers

Visiting Guest

02-08-04, 08:19 PM   #1  
pvatki
intermitent wipers

I just purchased a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country. The intermitent wipers don't work properly. Sometimes it will wipe a couple of times and then stop. Other times it will work for a minute or two and then stop. Sometimes it will wipe two or three times in a row and then stop. The normal low and high speed wipers work fine. Any help is appreciated.
pvatki

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-08-04, 11:54 PM   #2  
car_boy_16
It might be your column switch. You can get those replaced for about $80-$90. It could also be your wiper relay, I dont know how much they cost, but I'm sure you can get that tested for not too much.

Visiting Guest

02-10-04, 05:23 PM   #3  
frank997
Re: intermitent wipers

Originally posted by pvatki
I just purchased a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country. The intermitent wipers don't work properly. Sometimes it will wipe a couple of times and then stop. Other times it will work for a minute or two and then stop. Sometimes it will wipe two or three times in a row and then stop. The normal low and high speed wipers work fine. Any help is appreciated.
pvatki
It would be the delay module that is bad. They are all electronic curciut boards. Some come with the wiper motor as an assembly, but check and see. the switch does not have the module built into that. it would be under the dash or on the motor itself. depends who makes the wiper system for that car at the time of production.

Visiting Guest

02-10-04, 11:26 PM   #4  
mike from nj
sorry to say there is no intermittent (delay) module on this car.

there is only a 'multiplex' switch, body computer, 2 relays, and the motor.

without a scan tool, it's quite hard to figure this system out, unfortunately

if the wipers EVER came on by themselves, like with the switch off, then you might have a chance by replacing the switch itself, and is extremely easy---a phillips screwdriver is all you'll need.

if you want, you can switch relays around in the underhood relay center, like maybe the wiper ones with something not as important, like an a/c relay.

Search this Thread