Stereo Wiring Harness

Old 02-15-04, 11:17 AM
wscall
Visiting Guest
Stereo Wiring Harness

I am trying to install a radio/cd player (F57F-19B132-AF) that was taken out of a 2002 Mazda B3000 truck and install it in a 1996 Mazda B3000 truck. The model of the one in the 1996 truck is YW7F-18C815-CA. The new one will fit but the plugs on the back are different. Is there anywhere that will make a two end connctor will mate the connector with the back of the radio without rewiring. I guess what I'm trying to say I need a harness that will convert from the old radio to the new one.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-04, 02:40 PM
Re: Stereo Wiring Harness

Originally posted by wscall
I guess what I'm trying to say I need a harness that will convert from the old radio to the new one.
No such thing made. What has to be done is Identify the wires from the old plug and the new one and splice them together. Now that's assuming the new radio doesn't have anything additional externally like more speakers or amp. Then you'll have to get creative.

Old 02-15-04, 03:12 PM
If you can get wiring diagrams for both trucks it might be possible then it may not be.There has been alot of changes in vehicles in the 6 years between those trucks.The newer radio is likely part of the communication network for the 2002 truck and if it can't communicate it may do nothing but be dead.I can't tell you for sure with a Mazda truck but if it were GM I would tell you to use the new radio as a paper weight.Door chimes,key buzzer and other buzzers or noise is run through the radio and speakers and as Desi said possibly an amp.(which by the way is another communication module) You may want to call a Mazda dealer and see if it's even possible as I don't know if it's on the network in their vehicles.On some new vehicles the radio must be programmed to the vehicle.

Old 02-21-04, 09:34 AM
wscall
Visiting Guest
Thanks guys. As usual, you did a great job in point me in the right directions. I was able to find the in car harness at Advance Auto for a Ford/Lincoln vehicle and the in stereo harness at Best Buy for a Ford Vehicle. I spliced the two together and it works great. Thanks again!

Old 02-21-04, 04:12 PM
Good job glad it worked for you.