Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L motor

Visiting Guest

02-15-04, 05:30 PM   #1  
wolf197777
2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L motor

Need knowledge on 2.7L motor Knocking
Timing information, and oil cooling system Need to know if the 2.7L motor is common for developing a knock. and if so what reccomendations would be made to fix the problem?

Last edited by wolf197777; 02-16-04 at 10:55 AM.

Sponsored Links

02-16-04, 04:02 AM   #2  
You need to be a lot more specific than that.

Visiting Guest

02-16-04, 10:36 PM   #3  
mike from nj
rather than editing your posts, hit the reply button, it bumps the post up to the top for everyone to see.

no oil cooler, no ignition timing adjustment, no cam timing adjustment, no idle adjustments. computer does everything.

they don't have problems with pinging either, as the computer uses the detonation sensor to adjust timing accordingly.

if the bearings are knocking, that's a different story. i've seen a few of them come through the shop, not a single one had regular maintenance. after removing the valve covers, the 1/2 inch of sludge is a pretty good sign of how people protect their investment. (it's also how i got my 2.7L intrepid cheap) all i did was remove the crankshaft and machine it to the next undersize. maybe it's just a coincidence that i change the oil regularly too and have had no problems.

maybe descibe the problem more clearly, some have a noisy chain tensioner that is easily fixed.

let us know

Search this Thread